Community

Press

[PRESS RELEASE] A Global Celebration of Drama Stars in Seoul International Drama Awards 2024 Ceremony

• Admin
  • 2024-10-08
  • Views 929

A Global Celebration of Drama Stars

Seoul International Drama Awards 2024 Ceremony

was successfully held

A little child in me has always dreamed of a television drama

Golden Bird Prize Park Chan-wooks

touching acceptance speech moved audience

Today (24th September), Seoul Drama Awards Organizing Committee(SDAOC) held Awards Ceremony on 5 p.m. at KBS Hall.

Marking its 19th year, Seoul Drama Awards Ceremony featured a prestigious lineup, including Golden Bird Prize winner, Director Park Chan-wook, Grand Prize winner Director Pedro Peregrino, and 13 other globally renowned directors and producers. Notable participants included David Benioff from ‘3 Body Problem’, as well as 10 actors including Hoa Xuande, Song Kang-ho, Yeom Hye-ran, and Ahn Jae-hong. Additionally, BSS, winners of Outstanding Korean Drama O.S.T Award, graced the stage of honor.

Director Park Chan-wook, who won Golden Bird Prize, expressed his gratitude for winning with ‘The Sympathizer’, saying, "A little child in me has always dreamed of a television drama." He added, "Just as a drama is more enjoyable when you don't know how it ends, let's live our lives savoring each scene, moment by moment." His heartfelt words moved the hearts of the audience.

Director Pedro Peregrino, winner of Grand Prize for ‘Justice: Misconduct’, along with Director Derek Tsang and three writers including David Benioff, who won Best Miniseries Award and Best Writer Award for ‘3 Body Problem’, also took the stage to receive their prestigious trophies.

Actor Song Kang-ho achieved a remarkable feat by winning Best Actor Award for ‘Uncle Samsik’, marking his first award in drama category. Yeom Hye-ran and Ahn Jae-hong, who swept the Best Actress and Actor Awards in K-Drama Competition Category for ‘Mask Girl’, also gave lasting impression with their touching messages. Particularly, actress Kim Hye-yoon, who won Outstanding Asian Star through votes from fans around the world, expressed her gratitude and affection towards her supporters. BSS, winners of Outstanding Korean Drama O.S.T Award, also took the stage to share their acceptance speeches, earning cheers from the fans.

Although some awardees could not attend the ceremony, memorable acceptance speeches were still conveyed. Jiřina Bohdalová, the 93 year old winner of Best Actress Award, expressed her gratitude through a video message, saying, "This award has given me hope and renewed determination for my work and life." Additionally, actor Byun Woo-seok shared his thoughts, stating, "I created many memories with fans through ‘Lovely Runner’ and I will share this prize with all of you.”

At today’s Ceremony, hosted by Bae Sung-jae and actress Seol In-a, K-POP Singers ZEROBASEONE, NMIXX, and N.Flying's Yoo Hwe-seung performed special stages. Also, Purple Carpet event held before the ceremony, featuring the award winners, award presenters, and other celebrities. 

It is sponsored by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Seoul Metropolitan Government, KBS, MBC, SBS, EBS and CBS. Starting tomorrow (26th), Seoul Drama Festa will be held for two days at Banpo Hangang Park. The event will feature Drama Talk Concert with Hoa Xuande, the lead actor of the HBO original series ‘The Sympathizer.’ On 27th, SBS ‘Good Partner’ director Kim Garam and actress Jang Nara will be on the stage. There will also be an OST concert featuring artists like Baek Ji-young and Noel, as well as drama experience zone. Seoul Drama Festa is open to anyone who loves dramas and participation is free.