Community

Press

[PRESS RELEASE] Who will be the winners of ‘Outstanding Asian Star’ of 2024 from six countries?

• Admin
  • 2024-06-17
  • Views 9,287

Who will be the winners of ‘Outstanding Asian Star’ of 2024 from six countries?

Global fan voting on 'IDOL CHAMP' app starts June 15th.

Seven stars from six Asian countries and K-Drama OST will be selected.

The winners of Outstanding Asian Star and Outstanding Korean Drama O.S.T at Seoul International Drama Awards 2024 will be determined by votes from global fans around the world.

Seoul International Drama Awards Organizing Committee (Chairman: Park Min) and TNK Factory announced that a global vote will be conducted via the 'IDOL CHAMP' app for the SDA 2024 between June 15th and July 14th, 2024. Voting categories are Outstanding Asian Star (Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand) and △’Outstanding Korean Drama O.S.T.

Outstanding Asian Star is conducted by voting for actors who have excelled in dramas over the past year. Particularly in Korea, the awards are divided into male and female categories and feature actors and actresses who have performed outstandingly in Korean dramas aired between May 1st, 2023, and April 30th, 2024. In the other five Asian countries, main actors from SDA entries are selected for candidates.

In Korea (separately for male and female actors), Kim Soo-hyun from <Queen of Tears>, Byeon Woo-seok from <Lovely Runner>, Cha Eun-woo from <Wonderful World>, Song Kang from <My Demon>, Suho from <Missing Crown Prince>, Lee Jun-ho from <King the Land>, Chae Jong-hyeop from <Castaway Diva>, and Yim Si-wan from <Boyhood>, etc are enrolled in male category.

In female category, Kim Ji-won from <Queen of Tears>, Park Bo-young from <Daily Dose of Sunshine>, Kim Hye-yoon from <Lovely Runner>, Lim Yoon-a from <King the Land>, and Go Youn-jung from <Moving>, etc are on the list.

From Thailand, Blue Pongtiwat Tangwancharoen, who became a highly attractive actor from Netflix's <Ready, Set, Love> and Poompat Iam-samang from Korean remake drama <Start-Up> are participated. Filipinos famous actress Kim Chiu, Malaysian representative actress Emily Chan, Singaporean award-winning actor Desmond Tan, and Indonesia's actress Ochi Rosdiana are also on the list. New countries that had not been selected as candidate countries for Outstanding Asian Star in past years have been included in this year. This will make SDA achieve its goal of promoting global cultural exchange.

For △’Outstanding Korean Drama O.S.T, the title songs of K-dramas will be voted. This include many great songs such as Crush (OST for <Queen of Tears>), Seung-kwan of Seventeen (OST for <Tell Me that You Love Me>), NewJeans (OST for <My Demon>), Mi-yeon of (G)I-DLE (OST for <My Dearest>), and Seo Eun-kwang of BTOB (OST for <Detective 1958>).

The full list will be opened on the 'IDOL CHAMP app starting June 15th. During the voting period, events will be held for voters. The participants of the events will randomly get tickets for SDA Ceremony in Korea and 'IDOL CHAMP CHAMSIM rewards which can be used for voting.